Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Twist

Hello to all my new followers! I consider you all my friends and glad you've decided to join us on this journey called blogging!

Before we get to the fun romance stories I have to let you know about a special blog contest going on!! Lindsay over at Tiptoe Kisses (so cute right?) is hosting the Read, Write, Love contest! It's super, super easy to join! Hop on over, contest ends Thursday! Tell her I sent you!!

This is a favorite of mine (along with many others). I've decided to dedicate this post to Romance since this month is Valentine's day.

The game is simple. I give you three first sentences and you decide if you'd buy it based on that one line. Sort of 'judging a book by it's cover'. So without further ado here are this weeks choices.

Sentences
1. As a rule, Ginny Blackstone tired to go unnoticed - something that was more or less impossible with thirty pounds (she'd weighed it) of purple-and-green backpack hanging from her back.
2. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single girl of high standing at Longbourn Academy must be in want of a prom date.
3. When it came to love, my mother's advice was that there were WARNING SIGNS.

Secrets Revealed
1. Fun Pick No. 1
2. Fun Pick No. 2
3. Fun Pick No. 3

Any sound like something you'd wanna read!? This round for me I think they all sound fantastic and I read them all right in a row!

33 comments:

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Jen, thanks for the blurb:) I love this game btw, thinking that I'd have to pick book #1 because I am nosy and couldn't bear to walk away without knowing what's in a backpack so heavy LOL!!

Vicki Rocho said...

I think this is the first week where my pick would be the same based on the first line and the cover (#1). #2 obviously is a Pride & Prejudice knock off and while I have enjoyed some re-dos, I generally shy away from them.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Love this!! ooh...#2 please!

Candice said...

#2 for sure! It looks like a remake of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice (only in reverse). Or at least it sounds a lot like the first line of that book.

Melissa Gill said...

I think #3 for me.

Christine Danek said...

#2 sounds so cute. I must read.
Thanks.

Summer Ross said...

Number three sounds interesting. :)

Unknown said...

Number three sounds great, especially because we can't tell from the blurb whether Mother was a credible witness!

Happy Tuesday!

BK Mattingly said...

I picked number 1!

Carolyn V. said...

I'm picking #3. =) I love that blurb!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Ha ha ha! I want all three! :-)

Kittie Howard said...

Loved all three, with a slight bias toward #2 :)

Samantha Vérant said...

I want to read your book. wink. wink. And your dating stories!

Some Guys Are Toads

Karen Lange said...

Love this idea. They all sound interesting! :)

Janet Johnson said...

Fun game! I'd probably pick #3 to read first, but I might read the others, too.

Rose Cooper said...

I picked #1, but I would read them all. Great picks, Jen! I love your Tuesday Twists!

Chris Phillips said...

I like 1 the best.

Ellie Garratt said...

I love your Tuesday Twists because they introduce me to books I may have known about! Prom and Prejudice looks awesome.

I'm holding a follower competition, if you're interested here is the link - 200 Followers Q & A Competition

Nicole Zoltack said...

#1 for me, please!

Unknown said...

They all sound great but I think number three is my favorite. I need to add these to my list. My ever growing list. Thanks for the post.

Jessica Bell said...

None of those actually appeal to me. LOL :-/

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, Jen,

I guess #3 for me. We know Cinderella's story, so Lets find out more about Charming.


Michae

Donea Lee said...

I'm drawn to #3. Seeing the title - I know why. Who doesn't want to find Prince Charming, right? *dreams* :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah, nothing appeals to me either.

Jillian said...

HA!! Prom and prejudice!!! What a great title, sounds like a super fun read!!

LTM said...

so many P&P redos... As for Secret Life, what did you think??? I read that a while back and I liked it, but I was also frustrated by it... you? xoxo <3

Jennifer Hillier said...

Oooh, I love the sounds of #3. I'm totally intrigued by "WARNING SIGNS"!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I'm like Jennifer -- I'd read the book for #3 line. I clicked the link and discovered I probably wouldn't read the book after all because of the title. LOL.

Meredith said...

I want to read all of them! #2 especially--can never resist a Pride & Prejudice novel :)

Jemi Fraser said...

I would probably like all of them - they sound like fun reads. I think my fave was #1 though :)

Kristin Rae said...

I would say #1, and I'm glad because I recently won that one in a blog contest!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

what a fun game! there are way too many good books out there!

Amie Kaufman said...

I like them all, and I'd keep reading on all three, but #3 made me giggle, so I'll pick that one!